Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mumbai, India

I'm in MUMBAI, INDIA! Well in the airport that is. The flight was great! Due to the flight cancellations into and out of NYC on the 27th, Delta upgraded me to first class for the miami, New York flight, which was awesome. The transatlantic flight to Mumbai was not bad at all, even in coach.

The 15 hour flight felt much shorter than that. I read Eat, Pray, Love (awesome book by Elizabeth Gilbert, i recommend it), i slept some and i watched 3 films: Definitely Maybe (major chick flick), 21 (very cool), and Across the Universe (one of my favorites, quite tripy). There was a really nice lady sitting next to me, Kanan was her name and we shared the middle seat which was empty =). We talked about India and America, it was such a nice exchange. She even offered me a place to stay for the night here in Mumbai before my flight to Bangalore (which is in about 6 hours), but due to my previous experience with a so called John, nicknamed "John Airplane" AKA stalker, back when i was a child on my way to college for the 1st time, i decided to just say 'thank you very much but i think i'll just wait in the airport'...she gave me her number though for when im back in Mumbai.

India smells amazing. Its not curry exactly, its spices, spices of all sorts, and im guessing that because i've gone no further than airports and planes the smell is not too strong...but so far, i love it.

The people are very nice and they all speak English. Some men are pretty creepy but we all know that is not only characteristic of India...i just pretend i didn't just make awkward eye contact and continue walking as if i know exactly what i'm doing.

During the flight I kept checking the flight map. We flew over the northern border of Iraq and close to Afghanistan. I couldn't believe that I was flying over the war...i prayed for all those people who are suffering there, (I prayed for Nate, sponsee). Its incredible to think that i'm on this side of the world were issues go far beyond what we see in the news over there.

See you back here soon.

Next stop: Bangalore.

Peace and Smiles.

1 comment:

JMMyers said...

I love your blogs!! hehe. congrats on your landing! I can't wait to read more of your adventures. You made me laugh, roomie, and have some beautiful thoughts about achieving new visions of our crazy world. I'm excited to get to shared that with you...even if it is through a blog and I'm still here, in my comfy, Mountain View comfort zone. love you!